Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

UFC on Fuel TV Silva vs. Stann Predictions

wanderlei silva vs. brian stann

This evening, the five-fight Facebook card starts at 7:30 p.m. ET and the six-fight main card starts on FUEL at 10 p.m. You can read my predictions below, and I will also do a play by play this evening and put up livestreams on my blog.

Wanderlei Silva vs. Brian Stann



Why this fight takes place at light heavyweight baffles me. Maybe it's too hard for Wandy to make the cut nowadays, but Stann should make the cut pretty easily. I think Stann chin is a tad better than Wanderlei's so it obvious I pick Stann to win by TKO if he fight smart. He is good at executing a game plan, and he knows if he brawls with Silva he would probably lose. I think Stann will be able to land the big punch on Wanderlei and knocks him out cold.
Result: Brian Stann by TKO/KO

Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve



This is actually a very hard fight to pick. Struve could win if he uses his grappling and tries to get Hunt to the ground and plant a submission. Hunt is not so great on the ground and I think Struve know that and will try and take advantage of it. But on the other hand, if Hunt can come in close and land a big punch, it could be over as well. Hunt has ridiculous power in his hands and he will try to show that this evening. I think Hunt will be able to land the big punch because Struve isn't able to use his height and reach advantage enough. He still allows powerful strikers to get inside of his reach and hit him in the head. That's why I think Hunt will win tonight.
Result: Mark Hunt by TKO/KO

Diego Sanchez vs. Takanori Gomi



Hmm I haven't really seen a lot of fight of Gomi. So I don't know how he's going to do against Sanchez. I know Sanchez is a durable fighter and is realy realy realy hard to finish. I don't think he's ever been finished actually. I think Sanchez is going to put on a pace that I can't see any way Gomi is going to be able to handle it. I know Gomi has knockout power, as we've seen in the Tyson Griffin fight, but I don't think he'll be able to finish Sanchez.
Result: Diego Sanchez by Decision

Hector Lombard vs. Yushin Okami



What a fight! 2 guys who both are very powerful and if Lombard worked on his cardio, he could definitely win against Okami. Lombard has ridiculous takedown defense and powerful striking to put Okami in trouble. I also think Lombard's speed will be too much to handle for Okami. I could see Okami use his powerful wrestling against Lombard, be he is so ridiculously strong, so I don't know if he will be able to wear Lombard down.
Result: Hector Lombard by TKO/KO

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Siyar Bahadurzada



Well, this is a hard one to predict. I don't know how Bahadurzada will fare against a very good grappler so we'll just have to wait and see. Kim is a realy powerful grappler and if he gets in close, he will take you down (unless you're Maia). But Bahadurzada has enormous KO power as we've seen in the Thiago fight. But I'm still not 100% convinced about his takedown defense and such. He will be able to test it against Kim tonight. If Bahadurzada is able to shake of the takedowns, and land the big punch, he'll win the fight for sure.
Result: Dong Hyun Kim by Decision

Online Marketing
Add blog to our directory.

No comments:

Post a Comment