Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2013

UFC on Fuel TV 9 Predictions



Let's take a look on the UFC on Fuel TV 9 predictions by MMA Europe.

Gegard Mousasi vs. Ilir Latifi


While wrestlers aren't exactly good match-up for Mousasi, I think he will overcome early pressure by Latifi. Mousasi's takedown defense has centainly improved since the Jardine fight and he should be able to hold Latifi off. Because of the pressure Latifi has to put on, he will probably gas early as he had to do a very difficult weigh cut on short notice aswell. I won't be surprised by an upset here but I'm still picking Gegard for the win.
Gegard Mousasi by TKO/KO

Ross Pearson vs. Ryan Couture


I really like the way Ross Pearson fight and he certainly is entertaining. Since Pearson is the more experienced fighter of the 2 I also expect him to come out on top. Pearson look a lot better now that he moved up in weight class, he should be able to put pressure on Couture and make this a striking match. It's Couture debut in the UFC and there's a lot of pressure on him. I don't see any way how he gets past Pearson.
Ross Pearson by Unanimous Decision

Matt Mitrione vs. Phil De Fries


I expect Matt Mitrione to finish this fight quite early, De Fries won't be able to handle Mitrione's striking and he will try hard for the takedown, but I don't think he will be able to get it. I see Mitrione landing a big shot and finish off De Fries fast.
Matt Mitrione by TKO/KO

Brad Pickett vs. Mike Easton


I haven't seen much of both fighters but I think Pickett is the better powerfull striker of the two.
Brad Pickett by TKO/KO

Diego Brandao vs. Pablo Garza


This could probably end up as FOTN for sure, I always like Brandao and his style and with Garza in front of him it could be a great fight. Brandao improved a lot of holes in his game and I think he will pick Garza apart on the feet.
Diego Brandao by Unanimous Decision





No comments:

Post a Comment