Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Jon Jones: "Chael Sonnen is a promoter, I'm a Champion"

jon jones picture

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones says Chael Sonnen is in the promote a fight business, and he is in the remain champion business.

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones is set to face Chael Sonnen in a fight at UFC 159 on April 27, 2013 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Right now the 2 are coaches on this season of The Ultimate Fighter. As expected, Chael Sonnen is running his mouth again and Jon Jones tells Shaun Al-Shatti (MMA Fighting) it's all about fight promotion:

Chael's mouth doesn't bother me at all. I think if I was to take it personal, if I wasn't to understand it, it would bother me. But I have a pretty clear understanding of who Chael is, what he's accomplished, and my understanding kind of takes the power away from his words and his persona.

You can see that the talk has picked up a little bit. But Chael is in the ‘promote fight' business. I guess that's how he got in this situation in the first place. I'm in the ‘remain champion' business. So, I'm excited. I'm excited to go out there and do what I do best, and that's win championships.

It's definitely safe to say this is one of those fights that's for the fans. Chael doesn't have the greatest record, but he has a huge following. He's a statement maker, and people like to see him compete.

I think 1 thing is sure, this match is going to happen exactly how everybody think it's going to happen. I think Jones will even embarrass Sonnen in the Octagon.. What do you guys think?





No comments:

Post a Comment