Search This Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2013

UFC on Fox 7: Henderson vs. Melendez predictions by MMA Europe

henderson vs melendez picture

Below are my predictions for UFC on Fox 7: Benson Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California.

Benson Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez


I don't think Melendez is as good as a lot of people think he is. Don't get me wrong Melendez is definitely a top 5 lightweight, but I think Henderson is the better one of the 2. Henderson will be too big and too strong for Melendez to handle. I expect Henderson to control Melendez for 5 full rounds to win the decision.

Benson Henderson def. Gilbert Melendez by Unanimous Decision.

Frank Mir vs. Daniel Cormier


I don't see any way how Mir can win this. I think Cormier will come in to fight with the perfect gameplan and stay away from Mir's jiu-jitsu game. I think Cormier will try to keep the fight standing and try to pick Mir apart, Cormier is definitely a lot faster than Mir is and that will be his key to win this.

Daniel Cormier def. Frank Mir by TKO/KO.

Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thomson


Actually I haven't really seen anything from Thomson just yet, so I don't know how he fights. But I do know he was the former Strikeforce Lightweight Champion and Nate Diaz was the UFC Lightweight title eliminator. I'm just guessing now and I'm picking Diaz for the win.

Nate Diaz def. Josh Thomson by Submission.

Matt Brown vs. Jordan Mein


I really like Matt Brown and Jordan Mein looked really great in his first UFC fight but I think Brown will take the win.

Matt Brown def. Jordan Mein by TKO/KO.

Chad Mendes def. Darren Elkins by TKO/KO
Francis Carmont def. Lorenz Larkin by Submission
Myles Jury def. Ramsey Nijem by Decision
Joseph Benavidez def. Darren Uyenoyama by TKO/KO
Tim Means def. Jorge Masvidal by Decision
T.J. Dillashaw def. Hugo Viana by Decision




No comments:

Post a Comment