Search This Blog

Friday, March 22, 2013

Sarah McMann says Ronda Rousey is not unstoppable

Sarah McMann picture

Sarah McMann doesn't think Ronda Rousey is unstoppable because she doesn't view any fighter as unstoppable.

UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey isn't unstoppable, according to Sara McMann.

McMann was a national champion in high school and earned a silver medal in the 2004 Olympic Games and says Ronda -- who took bronze in Judo back in 2008 -- has weaknesses just like any other athlete, despite blitzing through the competition with relative ease.

"I don't view Ronda Rousey as unstoppable because I don't view any fighter as unstoppable, or any athlete in general. Everybody has strengths. Coming with strengths, the natural thing is you will have weaknesses in certain areas, you know, myself included. I just don't look at anyone in that capacity. Every great guy fighter that I follow, they have losses on their records. You're not just, ‘Oh I started MMA, so I'm suddenly perfect.' We wouldn't want to watch that anyways. We want the highs and lows. We want the wins and the losses. That's what keeps the fans interested, so I don't view it like that, but, I've been around sports a long time."

Thanks to her unbeaten record (6-0), Sara earned herself a contract with the Zuffa-owned promotion and is set to make her Octagon debut against Sheila Gaff at UFC 159 on April 27, 2013.

Undefeated Olympic medalist in judo vs. undefeated Olympic medalist in wrestling: Who do you got winning?





No comments:

Post a Comment