Search This Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Struve aiming for top contender spot

Stefan Struve picture

If Stefan Struve wins at UFC on Fuel TV: Silva vs. Stann, Struve believes he would earn his place as a top contender and finally have his title shot in 2013.

Since debuting for the UFC in 2009, Struve is 9-3. The Dutchman currently racked up four consecutive victories inside the octagon and he is looking for his fifth straight win. However his opponent Mark Hunt is also on a three fight win streak, beating Cheick Kongo by TKO, Ben Rothwell by Decision and Chris Tuchscherer by KO. He was supposed to meet Struve in May of last year, but pulled out 10 days before due to injury. Mark Hunt has brutal KO power but Struve knows his size is unique in the UFC. Now he has to use it to his advantage.

"Anything can happen, so first I want to get my win [on Saturday]," Struve said. "Then we'll see what happens. If I win this fight, I'll be a on a five-fight win streak. I'm the only guy on a five-fight win streak, so I think I have a pretty strong bid to be the top contender."

No comments:

Post a Comment